[AG-TECH] Python installation problem

Michael Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 08:21:56 CST 2003

OK. With some help from my colleague, Mike Jones, I've successfully
installed Python.

Here's what I did:

rpm -U python2.2.2-2.2.2-1.src.rpm (as before)
cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
rpm -bb python-2.2.spec
cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
rpm -ivh python2.2.2-*.rpm

Which got me (among other things) the following new files (which are the
same):
/usr/bin/python2.2
/usr/bin/python2.2.2
Given what Bob said, do I need an executable called 'python2'...?

For others going down the same track with RH7.2, I've put the rpms here:
http://people.man.ac.uk/~zzcgumd/software/rpms

Perhaps either some further instruction (e.g. as above) or these rpms could
be put on the AG2.0 website?

--Mike