[AG-TECH] Mobile rack or cabinet for hardware

Adrian Wells Adrian_Wells at umit.maine.edu
Mon Dec 15 21:22:03 CST 2003

Hello all!  I am in the process of planning a fairly small (18 ft x 22 ft) Access Grid node/room.  During this planning stage, I came across a couple images of a "portable" Access Grid configuration:  http://apps.internet2.edu/portable-ag.html

I like the use of the cabinet displayed on that web page.  It would nice to tuck everything (PC, echo canceler, amplifier, power conditioner, etc) away into a mobile rack/cabinet.  Does anyone know which manufactures make mobile racks or cabinets
like those pictured in the above URL?  Any experiences with them and/or recommendations about such containers?

One possible issue - I'm hoping to a put a PC with the dimensions (WxHxD) of 8.89" x 19.87" x 19.8" in cabinet that contains 19" (preferably lying the PC on its side rather than the standard tower orientation).  (For the curious - the listed
dimensions are for a Dell Precision 650 workstation according to Dell's site).

Thank you,
-Adrian