[AG-TECH] Which version of RedHat will AG 2.x be on?

Douglas Baggett dbaggett at cise-nsf.gov
Tue Dec 2 17:36:25 CST 2003

I think you misread me. I said "like Slackware or Debian" meaning any
distribution that is active. I've been reading the thread on this and
the messages from Ivan and I think his approach is probably best. I just
don't have the time to sit through the process of compiling it. I do
appreciate any work people do to get it working on various distributions.

What I was referring to really was the question of what will be the
"Official" distribution (if any...or none at all) that is going to
replace RH 7.3?

I have not looked at the process for pulling down the sources from cvs
and then compiling it. Is the make process simple like

./configure
make
make install

or is it really hard....like having to edit your own makefile in the old
days...or is it somewhere in between? Not that I am criticizing
it...cause I'm not..really. Just wondering if it's worth my time to pull
down the sources. If it's overly complex I might have to put it on hold
till I have more time on my hands. I'll definitely look at the slackware
scripts to see if it's going to work under 9.1

thanks!

-Doug
CISE/NSF