[AG-TECH] Which version of RedHat will AG 2.x be on?

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Mon Dec 1 21:06:15 CST 2003

Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:17:19AM -0500, Douglas Baggett wrote:
>
>>Maybe the AG project should switch to some other distro like Slackware
>>or Debian?
>

> That seems pretty short sighted to me.  Imagine if the GNOME or KDE
> developers limited themselves to supporting one distro.
>
> There is no reason both/all cannot be supported.  People are using
> various distros already for the AG.

While it would nicer if the toolkit were distribution-neutral, binary
releases are currently in RH rpm format (and, even more particularly,
for RH7.3). Perhaps thats what the OP meant.

Building from source (or converting foreign packages) can be fun for
some people, a pain for others. For Slackware fans, there is an AG2.1.2
bundle (binaries & install script) at:
	http://www.ap-accessgrid.org/AG2/index.html

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, F09                      Fax    (61-2) 9351 5955