[AG-TECH] Is the Lobby active or inactive?

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Fri Aug 29 02:05:21 CDT 2003

Chris,

Ditto!

Usually I enter (with 2.0) my own room/lobby area first - and then go
hit the lobby or location as needed. I save locations that we frequent
often and go directly to them now. Actually don't have to "navigate"
around much anymore except when finding a location we haven't been to.

Lately - our multicast has been screwy, and we haven't been able to
send (again). So we can see the lobby but not get our video out (sorry,
otherwise I'd leave some video there from time to time). Our telecomm
people are .... puzzled - I'm giving them 2 weeks to sort it out (while
i'm on vacation). Has multicast been this much trouble for some of you
on your campus/institution/locations? Our telecomm people have had
nothing but trouble with it for months. I've tried to be helpful
(passed them all the troubleshooting info here and places to go for
help). I'm getting much better at cranking up that quickbridge...

Looking forward to trying 2.1.1x - but it will have to wait until i'm
back from vacation mid Sept. Sorry I'll miss the meeting at ANL!

Ivan, hope you're beginning to feel better.

-John Q.

--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.
Computer Manager / Louisiana Biomedical Research Network