[AG-TECH] video card question

Bob Riddle bdr at internet2.edu
Sun Aug 17 20:34:55 CDT 2003

For what it's worth - the Windows drivers operate on the assumption that
you will only have one Hauppage card installed.  I spent a couple of
days wallowing through this mess and have come to the conclusion that
Osprey cards are a better option for Windows.

Cindy Sievers wrote:

> OK, I looked in the archives, and maybe I'm missing something.....
> What video cards are people using in PIG nodes (single machine XP) for
> multiple camera video capture?
> I had 4 Hauppauge WinTV cards in my room based node (video machine
> running linux). But when I rebuilt the room node on a single XP
> machine with only 2 available PCI slots, vic won't recognize even two
> Hauppauge cards.  The PIG node seems to run everything else just fine,
> but I really need 4 cameras. What are others using for video capture
> on the PIGS?

> Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
> sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
> tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
> fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544

Bob Riddle (bdr at internet2.edu)    Technologist,Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100         Ann Arbor, Michigan  48108
Business Phone: 734.913.4257      Fax Number:  734.913.4255

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison