[AG-TECH] Fwd: [AG-USERS] Australian Test buddy?

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 18:23:47 CDT 2003

Hi Eugeny

>>From: Eugeny Kharabash <Eugeny.Kharabash at unisa.edu.au>
>>To: "'ag-users at mcs.anl.gov'" <ag-users at mcs.anl.gov>
>>Subject: [AG-USERS] Australian Test buddy?
>>Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:47:56 +0930
>>
>>Anyone uses AG in Australia or nearby timezones and willing to help me test the
>>AG node at University of South Australia that I am trying to set up?

There's a bunch of us here :-) Check out venues.ap-accessgrid.org for a list of local venues you can join. There are ~12 nodes in Qld, NSW, ACT and Vic (at least) who can test with you. I'm at the APAN meeting next week, but can help you after that. Otherwise try Andrew.Howard at aarnet.edu.au in Canberra, or Chris Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au in Sydney.

>>So far I could not see anyone online or I am doing something wrong.

Local multicast issues, most likely. Glen.Turner at aarnet.edu.au would be a good person to contact (he's in Adelaide).

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures Project,      | Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au, mail: Bldg #108 - CS&IT |Fax: +61 2 61259805
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Aust.|Mob: 0417 281429