[AG-TECH] Problems with AG2.1 install

Michael Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 08:50:41 CDT 2003

Unless I'm doing something stupid (always a distinct possibility), I can see
several problems with the new AG2.1 install that I'm doing this week for SC
Global:

1. The Linux bundle doesn't include rpms for vic or rat (and the Audio and
Video Service rpms fail as a result).

2. The Linux install doesn't create a .globus directory for certificates. (I
can't remember how these got created in the previous install. Maybe I
answered the questions wrongly...)

3. There is no icon for Venue Server in Linux on the "Start menu" (or
whatever it's called in Linux).

4. I can't seem to start anything on my Windows install. The Venues Client
stops halfway through starting up and sends an automated error report (which
I sent); the Venue Server rattles the disk a bit, but otherwise nothing;
Manage Venue Server flashes up a window and then fails.

I haven't entered any of the above in Bugzilla but will if that makes things
easier...

--Mike

Michael Daw, e-Science Consultant
SVE Group (Supercomputing, Visualization and e-Science)

Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building,
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK

Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026
Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: michael.daw at man.ac.uk

http://www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/daw