[AG-TECH] AG Venue Access Control

John I Quebedeaux Jr johnq at lsu.edu
Wed Aug 13 08:45:13 CDT 2003

I'm tossing this question out because I'm wondering how this is tackled
or if anyone has had this be an issue:

The PTB (powers that be) have asked me how I control who has access to
a venue - i.e. who can enter a meeting and who can't. They are
concerned that they would want to invite certain groups, but not allow
people just to wander into a meeting.

Short of running my own venue and giving those who want to meet the
information to connect to our venue (I do have a venue server running
for backup purposes/testing/and this reason as well) I'm not sure how
else I would control access to the venue set aside for us.

Any feedback on what I might do to control this? Is there a way to
password entrance to a venue, etc. and be able to enable/disable this
at any time? etc.

-John Q.
--
John I. Quebedeaux, Jr.
Computer Manager / Louisiana Biomedical Research Network