[AG-TECH] Access Grid Virtual Venues server down?

Rabarison Monika Klara monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu
Tue Apr 29 08:30:20 CDT 2003

I too am getting  similar messages when trying to log in .

"Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not determine the
PostgreSQL user name to use in /home/ag/htdocs/AG/dbopen on line 2

Warning: Supplied argument is not valid PostgreSQL link resource in
/home/ag/htdocs/AG/user_info on line 29

Warning: Supplied argument is not valid PostgreSQL result resource in
/home/ag/htdocs/AG/user_info on line 30

Warning: Supplied argument is not valid PostgreSQL result resource in
/home/ag/htdocs/AG/user_info on line 38"

 Monika

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Robert Olson
wrote:

> At 09:07 AM 4/29/2003 -0400, A Quay wrote:
> >Anyone seeing this message when trying to log into the Access Grid Virtual
> >Venues server? I can't log in.
> >
> >"Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not determine the
> >PostgreSQL user name to use in /home/ag/htdocs/AG/dbopen on line 2
>
> Hm, weird, that's new.
>
> Aha. there are passwd file problems on that machine. We'll look into it asap.
>
> --bob

Monika Rabarison
Systems Administrator
Office of Information Technology/HPVCI