[AG-TECH] wxTaskBarIcon not in Linux

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 25 14:57:34 CDT 2003

On Apr 25, 12:34pm, Robert Olson wrote:
> Subject: Re: [AG-TECH] wxTaskBarIcon not in Linux
> At 12:22 PM 4/25/2003 -0500, Randy Heiland wrote:
> >I'm using wxPython-2.3.3.1
>
> That may be the problem; we have been developing against 2.4.something,
> which introduced some new stuff. We run successfully on linux here locally.

Hmm, while I press on, let me ask the following...

I just downloaded the latest - 2.4.0.7 and still no luck.  Could someone
running on Linux there send me the output from the following:

>>> import wxPython.wx
>>> wxPython.wx.__version__
'2.4.0.7'
>>> wxPython.wx.__file__
'/usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/wx.pyc'

>>> wxPython.wx.wxTaskBarIcon().__class__.__module__
???

Also, if you know how you config'd wxPython, that'd be good to know too.  I did
the following:
mkdir build
cd build
../configure --with-gtk