[AG-TECH] Problem with the beacon?

Bob Riddle bdr at internet2.edu
Tue Apr 22 10:00:47 CDT 2003

I rebuilt this using a larger maxReportPacketSize a couple of weeks ago
(mailed the new code to our buddy ChrisG) because the nlanr-beacon
wouldn't start and our nodes started appearing again.  That solved the
problem of our nodes not being seen at all in the "tree".  Its sort of
the situation where the last one (more than 8192 bytes of information)
loses - but the early arrivals were still seen correctly.

There's something strange going on - I rebooted the vrvs-ag & a couple
of the cakebox nodes & they magically reappeared in the beacon page.  I
changed nothing else, just restarted, yesterday, (by rebooting) the
nlanr-beacon process.

Has anyone heard anything more from the NLANR guys?