[AG-TECH] Problem with the beacon?

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 18 14:50:33 CDT 2003

I did some poking around yesterday, and it looks like the problem is
(unfortunately) at the various beacons themselves.  If your beacon shows up
as unreachable, please go ahead and kill its java processes and restart it.

At 11:00 AM 4/18/2003 -0400, Bob Riddle wrote:
>yep - i think the beacon server (or it's home network) is broke.  I sent a
>note to the dast at nlanr.net folks on Wednesday about this ... but haven't
>heard anything back.
>
>The reason I suspect its the beacon server, is that the mcast applications
>we tried (IPTV) ran just fine.
>
>David Mitchell wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>
>>does anyone know if there is some sort of systemic problem with the
>>beacon page at http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/ ? It seems as
>>though most participants have suddenly decided to disable multicast in
>>their operating system. I'm seeing most sites reporting "ID", which
>>seems pretty unusual. Is it possible I'm looking at an out of date stats
>>page? Or are other people noticing problems also? Thanks in advance,
>>
>>-David Mitchell

===
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390
PGP:0E 0F 16 80 C5 B1 69 52 E1 44 1A A5 0E 1B 74 F7     nickless at mcs.anl.gov