[AG-TECH] service wishlist and ag2 component overview

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 18 11:17:24 CDT 2003

Frank:

This is great content.  We're very interested to see people's ideas for
extensions, and happy to see development effort.
There are a few things I'd mention re: the diagram and notes:

    * The VenueClient interacts with the NodeService, but not with
      ServiceManagers
    * Each Node runs one NodeService which communicates with the
      ServiceManager running on each of the other machines in the node
      (those Other machines don't run NodeServices)
    * The NodeService communicates directly with Services in the Node
    * The description for ServiceManager seems to describe the
      NodeManagement user interface; a ServiceManager is software that
      runs on each machine in a node for controlling execution of Services
    * The description for Services says that the VideoProducer runs
      multiple copies of vic, but it's actually one vic per
      VideoProducer.  So, a video machine with four capture cards would
      run four VideoProducerServices (and, therefore, four copies of vic).

I hope this helps clarify some issues.  If you have any questions,
please ask.

Thanks,

Tom