[AG-TECH] PIG Specifications

Justin Binns binns at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 16 16:17:40 CDT 2003

My two cents:

1) You'll want 3 displays if at all possible.  The Quadro can't do that,
though we've had very good luck at ANL with the Matrox Parahelia (I know,
Dell doesn't sell them...)

2) On-board audio under Windows pretty much oughtta 'just work' (I've not
had problems getting full-duplex audio under windows, even on on-board
chipsets).  Under Linux, your mileage may vary.

Overall, performace on any of these should be very good.  The laptop may
have some trouble, as vic tends to be a CPU hog, and getting past a few
video streams (two or three collaborating nodes) it may fall over.

Justin