[AG-TECH] EventListener and QuickBridge integration

Wei Deng agadmin at symphony0.cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 1 16:05:14 CST 2003

Hi,

I just want to check with people here to see if anyone has the same
situation as ours and done some work on it.

We're using AccessGrid 1.x on our site. Unfortunately we have to rely on
QuickBridge here because our campus multicast network support is broken,
and the networking group cannot give us an estimate as to when it would
be fixed. Fortunately we were able to get a dedicated node at some other
site which has very reliable multicast connections so we can control it to
work as a QuickBridge.

We could setup our AG site through extra manual steps as described in the
AccessGrid QuickBridge HOWTO document, but we want to eliminate as much
manual effort as possible so that it won't look prohibitive to operate for
our non-techie guys. I'm considering of hacking a BridgeResourceManager
on the QuickBridge node similiar to DisplayResourceManager. I understand
that our situation also requires a little change in the EventServer but
that shouldn't cost us too much time.

I will be very appreciative to hear any comments, concerns, or your
experience if you have worked on the similiar situation and worked out
some solutions.

Thank you very much.

--
Wei Deng