[AG-TECH] Additional media types for VV server

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Mon Sep 30 03:31:02 CDT 2002

I recently wanted to make additional media types available at our venues
server (for Asia-Pacific timezone). In particular I wanted to add
channels for RTP TV (broadcast quality video) and MLB (media lecture
board), both of which we've been testing here for some time.

Notes on the method I used are at
http://apag.accessgrid.org/software/vv_server_hacks.html and I would
appreciate comments from anyone who has already done this in a better
way.

Of course, the whole architecture may change with Access Grid ToolKit
2.0, which Ivan is announcing in just a few hours from now.

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3005
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 1880