[AG-TECH] redhat 7.3 upgrades

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Sep 19 11:01:36 CDT 2002

I recently upgraded out linux nodes to redhat 7.3 and saw a couple of
funnies and was wondering in anyone else has seen anything similar.

I can't get the node to boot with the SMP kernel, (it just hangs in
boot) I know that this is not an AG problem per-say but as we followed the
recommended hardware specs fairly closely I wonder if other ag sites have
seen the same.

Secondly since upgrading I have noticed sound going slightly off (like a
computer in a bad sci-fi movie) from time to time. This is using the
default sound device from redhat 7.3 rather than oss. However it might
just be a side effect of losing the second cpu as these are encypted
sessions so the CPU load is higher than normal.

Anyone else seen anything similar.

				Stephen