[AG-TECH] ClearOne & PIG?

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 6 11:53:03 CDT 2002

FYI, Windows XP has noise reduction, gain control, and echo cancellation
in software for one microphone.  You can see this in operation using
Windows Messenger without a headset today.  I haven't enabled this
functionality in ConferenceXP yet because I'm pursuing the small to
medium sized group scenario and the work is non-trivial.  I'd be glad to
put someone in touch with the right people inside Microsoft if someone
is interested in looking that this scenario.  Unfortunately, the
AEC/AGC/NR functionality is not exposed via an API as it's built-in to
the Windows Messenger codebase rather monolithicly.  They appear as DMO
filters using DirectShow GraphEdit but there are behind-the-scenes
initialization methods needed to get them to work.

 - jcb