[AG-TECH] Mutlicast Beacon

Maat, Steve maats at wssu.edu
Thu Sep 19 13:23:16 CDT 2002

We are still having problems with one of our core routers giving up the
ghost when running multicast over the network.

Cisco is involved and seems to think it's bandwidth related or possibly a
buffer overrun, I have not even started VIC or RAT yet. I start the client
and after a couple minutes I can see our site measurements on the Beacon
server. The measurements looks close to what everybody else has, but after
about 10-15 minutes the router stops passing all traffic.

How much traffic does the multicast beacon generate?

TIA

Stephen Maat
Winston-Salem State University