[AG-TECH] Special Announcement: Multiple Stream Berkeley MIG Seminar in Software

Lawrence A. Rowe Rowe at bmrc.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 18 11:17:44 CDT 2002

Hi -

We are doing a special webcast today that you might find interesting.
You can watch two high-quality streams (i.e., audio/video and graphics)
using software.  The total webcast should be under 1.5 Mbs.  You will
need to install Quicktime and go to the following <a
href="http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/dss/embedded2.html">web page</a>. Sadly,
you will need to use Internet Explorer - we are still diagnosing a bug
with NN 4.7.  This link will show the live webcast from 12-1.30 PDT.

The speaker today, Hank Magnuski, will be explaining the technology used
to produce the webcast.  Further info on the webcast is available at
http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/bibs/instance?prog=1&group=25&inst=860.
	Larry
p.s. Sorry to innundate you with repeated announcements about this
week's seminar.  I forgot to send the early announcement last week which
is why I sent the previous two announcements.  And, Hank and my staff
have done a lot of work to make this 2-stream high quality webcast
available this week - I am guilty of crowing a little too much about
what we're doing!  :)!
--
Professor Lawrence A. Rowe          Internet:  Rowe at BMRC.Berkeley.EDU
Computer Science Division - EECS       Phone: 510-642-5117