[AG-TECH] Multicast oddity

Brian Corrie brian.corrie at newmic.com
Thu Sep 12 16:24:07 CDT 2002

Hello all,

We are investigating a multicast problem on our network but I thought I would
pose the question here in case one of the experts on this list might be able
to help out. Our site (newmic4.bc.net) is running the beacon software. Our
horizontal column on the web page is showing mostly green and good
connectivity to most sites. This is reflected when we connect to an AG venue
as well as we get video and audio from other sites. The vertical column for
our machine on the beacon web site is completely grey and no one can see or
hear us when we connect to a venue. I am no multicast expert, but this
confuses me. Does anyone have any experience with a symptom like this and if
so point us in the correct direction??? We are obviously receiving multicast
traffic fine but it appears that nothing is getting out. Our networking
people are investigating, but any hints would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

	Brian