[AG-TECH] Room names usingd VV Server

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Mon Sep 9 18:11:31 CDT 2002

We have the VV server software successfully running here on a test
machine, prior to making it generally available for the Asia Pacific
time zone.

The only problem so far is fairly minor, perhaps someone could suggest a
fix? It appears that once a room has been created, editing its name does
not change in a client's mud session

i.e. changing the default "The First Room" to "APAG Lobby" has no effect
in the mud - the name on the web interface is OK (says "APAG Lobby") but
tkMOO-lite still says that the user is in "The First Room"

another example: I initially created a room called "Test". I later
changed its name to "Test Room". Now the web interface lists and moves
to the "Test Room" as expected however in tkMOO it is announced as "The
Test" (not sure where the "The" came from).

This is running on a fresh RH7.1 with a make install of ag-vv-1.0.02
over the top of an rpm installed ag-vv-1.0.00-1.i386.rpm.

Any ideas?
chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3005
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 1880