[AG-TECH] Fwd: seating at an AGN

Don Morton donmorton at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 28 18:50:22 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:25:00 -0600, "Robert Olson" <olson at mcs.anl.gov>
said:

> >From: Robert B Heckendorn <heckendo at cs.uidaho.edu>

> >Most AGNs I see have people behind tables facing the screen.  There is
> >interest in continuing to use the conference table that was in that
> >room.  However, this would put most people facing perpendicular to the
> >screen.  Is that just a terrible idea or will that be an acceptable
> >arrangement?

i started off with the standard "have people behind tables facing
the screen," but when it came time to teach with the ag, it seemed
awkward - i wanted the presenter to be able to face both the local
audience and the remote audience, so the only way i could see to
make it work was to arrange our tables in a horseshoe (with the
poles near the screen).  so, presenter has local audience in front
to left and right, and is facing screen.  local audience has to sort
of turn their heads to see screen (or presenter), but i keep a
bottle of excedrin on hand for "neck-crick" emergencies.
   ****    NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS - donmorton at fastmail.fm    ****