[AG-TECH] AG 2.0 - easier operation

Lawrence A. Rowe Rowe at bmrc.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 4 10:09:18 CDT 2002

Hi -

I really have to stop this, but Don your suggestion matches *exactly*
what I proposed to NSF.  I included several things: improved media
streaming technology, encryption/security for media streams, and
software to support automation of AG operations.  The proposals were all
rejected which is why the Open Mash project is being terminated - you
cannot do anything without funding.

All of the proposals and the reviewer comments, some of which are really
laughable (e.g., "AG is complex, automation is a good idea,
security/encryption is complex, that's a bad idea because AG is too
complex") are on the publications page of the Open Mash site.
	Larry
--
Professor Lawrence A. Rowe          Internet:  Rowe at BMRC.Berkeley.EDU
Computer Science Division - EECS       Phone: 510-642-5117