[AG-TECH] USB camera with PIG (AG 1.1)

shudo at computer.org shudo at computer.org
Fri Oct 4 07:44:40 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I cannot use a USB camera with the VIC (ddvic.exe and vic.exe) which
PIG has on Windows 2000.  But the camera works well with the UCL
version of VIC, which I obtained at the following web site:

  Videoconferencing Tool
  http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/software/vic/

The version of the UCL VIC is 2.8ucl-1.1.3.
The USB camera is Creative WebCam Plus.

It is very curious that the Access Grid version of the VIC
(2.8ucl-1.1.3-AG 2000-1218-{dd,nodd}) cannot use the USB camera even
though the VIC seems to be based on the UCL VIC.

USB cameras are easy to set up and then promising for *Personal*
Interface to AG (PIG).  This disability of the AG version of the VIC
can waste its possibility.

  Kazuyuki Shudo
  Grid Technology Research Center
  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)