[AG-TECH] gentner help

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 1 12:13:20 CDT 2002

I am having some problems connecting to my gentner AP800.  I recently
upgraded to the 800 from the 400.  I get the following error in the error log:

  (Error -1) No Response from AP Units.
  (AP-Ware) Disconnecting from the site.

I thought that it was a synchronization error, I set the MIXER MODE to
MASTER-LINKED (the default is MASTER SLAVE) but this doesn't seem to help
things.
Any suggestions?
I'm running on W2K, I've reinstalled the software a million times, I've
rebooted twice that amount, I think I've tried everything but the sledge
hammer.

BTW, I'm using the following cable set up:
RS232 from Gentner to Control Machine Com1
Output A - Balanced Bridging Line Input L
Input A - 600 OHM Line Outputs L
IHF Sends R - Blue input on Sound Card SB128
IHF Returns R - Green input on Sound Card SB128
Output 1 - to Amp

Obviously I'm doing something really, really wrong, and would appreciate
any help.

Thanks!
Cindy

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544