[AG-TECH] electronic whiteboards

Jay Beavers jbeavers at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 23 16:14:23 CDT 2002

Only true if you think the quality of the captured ink is the same
between a Mimeo sonically located ink marker and a high quality
digitizer using an active radio located pressure sensitive pen.  Having
compared them, I wouldn't categorize the two as equivalent.

It's also very true that writing on the display surface so you can see
what you're writing where you're writing it is very different than
writing on a separate surface from where the ink is rendered.  Wacom has
a very nice combination LCD / active digitizer monitor, but its cost
exceeds that of a Tablet PC that has 802.11b built in so you can move
around while collaborating.

 - jcb