[AG-TECH] AccessGrid to H.323

Lawrence A. Rowe Rowe at bmrc.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 8 13:40:16 CDT 2002

brent -

it is extremely easy to setup a VRVS gateway to run on your campus.  all
you need to do is install a linux box and philippe's folks will install
the software.  we installed an 800 MHz system with 256 MB ram that we
use for a number of gateway functions: 1) a VRVS gateway, 2) to provide
mbone tunnels to some corporate folks that we do research with -- we use
ross finlayson's livegate code, and 3) a darwin RTSP server used for
unicast forwarding of Mbone streams. The computer cost around $1K.

the vrvs gateway is configured to so that any calls from folks at
berkeley go through our gateway. Looking right now we appear to have 11
VRVS calls active.

So, my suggestion is to get the folks at UFL to setup a gateway for
local use.
	Larry Rowe
--
Professor Lawrence A. Rowe          Internet:  Rowe at BMRC.Berkeley.EDU
Computer Science Division - EECS       Phone: 510-642-5117