[AG-TECH] AG Linux dist. on Dell Precision (fwd)

Shahid M. Bhatti shahid at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 28 18:10:04 CST 2002

I made the CD from the iso image for AG version of RedHat Linux available
from Access Grid website. When I try to boot the machine with the bootable
Linux CD, it boots the machine alright and the setup starts, it let's me
do the disk partitioning also, but a little later in the setup process, it
does not start copying files to the disk and hangs there for ever.
PS: The RedHat setup program loads the SCSI driver for the same (or
similar) SCSI hard drive that came installed with this system.
Why does the setup hang before copying any file on the disk?? The machine
is Dell Precision 530 server.

Thanks for helping,

-Shahid MB