[AG-TECH] Sound localisation work?

Richard Lawley ral01r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 28 11:11:44 CST 2002

> At 05:47 PM 11/28/2002 +0100, Ulrich Schwenn wrote:
> >Even if it`s NOT AG, but RadVision has announced  to  provide a
> >continous
> >presence layout (up to 16  subvideos) where the current
> "speaking video"
> >will get a coloured border -  I saw a demo on a Rad roadshow
> in october.
> >The idea should be transferable?
>
> Definitely; we have the information available, it's a matter
> of getting it
> to the right place. In plan for the 2.0 stuff. (terry had the
> insight that
> with the four streams you may not know exactly which one is
> the active
> speaker, but you can highlight all of them - much more of a
> visual clue
> than nothing at all).
>
> --bob

It could be possible to utilise the gentner connection to determine
which mic has the highest level and relate this to a vic stream.  Of
course this would require someone in each seat to speak and have the
operator associate them with a feed, but it might be possible.  This way
no changes to the current audio setup would be required.

Richard