[AG-TECH] Sound localisation work?

Chris Greenhalgh cmg at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Thu Nov 28 09:29:36 CST 2002

one problem with AG-style set-ups is that echo cancellation for non-mono
sources
(e.g. stereo speakers and above with different signals in each) seems to
be an ill-posed problem; maybe insoluble. At the very least you'd need a
more complex adaptive cancelling algorithm, presumably relying on at
least as many mics as there are speakers (with distinct signals).
i certainly couldn't find any commercial offerings that claimed to
attempt it.
cheers,
Chris