[AG-TECH] Long Awaited Linux Cluster Workshop, Limited Scholarships Available

Barbara A. Kucera bkucera at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 15 15:05:01 CST 2002

  Hi,

You're receiving this note because at some point you have expressed an
interest in cluster computing, or are involved in the management or
administration of a program related to this area.  If not, please reply to
this note that you aren't interested and I'll remove you from my mailing
list.  I apologize if you receive this note more than once.

After nearly two years of trying to arrange for a Linux cluster workshop
that would be targeted specifically to our needs--including grid computing,
submitting jobs through Globus, and assistance with porting our individual
codes--we've worked out an agreement with the Linux Cluster
Institute.  They will hold their 6th Workshop at the University of
Kentucky, Lexington, on January 13-17, 2003, with significantly reduced
registration pricing for EPSCoR-state participants with some scholarships
available.  There is also a possibility that funding is available from your
state EPSCoR office for registration/travel.  Details for pursuing these
possibilities are included on the attachment.

If you are interested in attending, you should register now to secure your
spot for this hands-on workshop.  Registration is limited to 20 active
participants and this is a one time opportunity.

We have received excellent feedback from folks who have attended these
workshops, and believe that you will receive information here that is not
easily found from other sources.  Attached is information about the
workshop.  For more information regarding the Linux Cluster Institute see
http://www.linuxclustersinstitute.org/

If you have any questions, please contact me.  I'll be happy to assist you.

Feel free to pass this along to your colleagues if you think they might be
interested.  We hope to see you in Lexington.

Regards,

Barbara

Barbara A. Kucera
Alliance/NSF EPSCoR Liaison
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
(217) 244-0131 * Fax (217) 244-2909

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
telescopes. - Edsger W. Dijkstra, computer science professor