[AG-TECH] PIG and cameras

Christian Chilan chilan at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 16 19:09:24 CST 2002

Hi there,

I've been working in the configuration of a PIG node using the standard
hardware recipe shown at
http://www.accessgrid.org/release_docs/1.1/PIG-Hardware.html

Event though the node is working, I have a couple of questions:

1. Currently, I'm using AG v.1.2 because somehow version 1.1 does not allow
video transmission -the Trasmit button appears greyed-out. Why this happens
with v.1.1 (at least in the PIG configuration)?

2. When running, the vic window shows two video streams for my node (it has
two cameras/cards), but they correspond to the output of a single camera.
In addition, there are no "main", "presenter", ..., labels for my node. I
know I can switch cameras using the Menu|Device button but both streams
show the output of only one of the cameras at a time.  Any idea how this
issue can be solved?

Thanks,

Christian