[AG-TECH] Multiple Capture Challenge

Jin Tian jintian at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
Sun Nov 10 23:05:27 CST 2002

Hi, all:

  The simplest way (do not need modification of source code) is deleting "WDM legacy driver".

  Steps: (Only WinNT tested)
    Run regedit.
    go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
    delete msvideo? which value is Vfwwdm32.dll

  For example:
    if you see, msvideo=o100vc.dll..., msvideo1=o100vc.dll..., msvideo2=o100vc.dll..., msvideo3=o100vc.dll..., msvideo4=vfwwdm32.dll. Then, you can delete "msvideo4".

======= At 2002-11-08, You wrote =======

>Hi all,
>
>I'm running PIG on a high-end workstation with WinXP.  I have three Osprey
>capture cards running and I'm trying to add a 4th.  I've found that any
>version of VIC that I try is limited to finding only 4 capture devices.
>This is hardcoded into the program as the size of the array that keeps track
>of all the possible sources.  So, since I already have 4 capture drivers
>being detected (3 osprey plus the WDM legacy driver), vic can't detect the
>4th Osprey card.
>
>Can anyone think of a way, short of changing the vic code, to work around
>this?  Either by prioritizing the order in which drivers are found or by
>hacking the WDM driver out of the system? (I don't believe it's being used
>for anything else anyway.)
>
>Thanks
>
>Andrew

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

  Best Wishes to u.

	Jin Tian(金天)
	PhD. Student
	Advance Network Technologies Group (Admire Group)
	http://www.nlsde.buaa.edu.cn/projects/admire/
	National Lab of Software Development Environment
	Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
	P.B.: 2-83# 37 Xueyuan Road  Beijing 100083  P.R.China
	E.B.: jintian at nlsde.buaa.edu.cn
	P.N.: (86)(10)82317603(O)