[AG-TECH] Newb seek a bit of advice

Jon Johansson jon.johansson at ualberta.ca
Fri Nov 1 17:20:13 CST 2002

My apologies to Eric, I replied to his message here and the address
was to him, not this forum (I've got to watch that reply button).

I am also new to the AccessGrid and following Eric's instructions
I have started the PIG and gotten into the MUD.
As I move from room to room the video and audio are trying to
connect and do things, but there doesn't seem to be any video or
audio streams going that I can connect to. What I get on
changing rooms is an error:
    Runtime Error!
    Program c:\ag\agapps\bin\ddvic.exe
    abnormal program termination
could this be because there is no video to get, I have some
sort of config issue or do I need a particular piece of
hardware installed for this to work? Is there a test video feed
that I could connect to, to check things?

I have a dual 1 GHz P3 with:
     memory: 4 GB
     video: 3DLabs Oxygen GVX210
     sound: SoundBlaster Live
     OS: Win2000 SP3 + latest patches as of last week

Thank you,
Jon.

--
Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services