[AG-TECH] Recommended projectors

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 25 04:29:07 CST 2002

To be honest, I can't think that it is sensible to have a
'recommended' projector, although a 'reference' one is OK.
The model numbers change on a monthly basis, and are also
different from one country to another.  I would think that
a minimum spec recommendation, plus the make+model for one
that has been shown to do the job (but which is almost
certainly superceded) should be what is recorded, together with
a suggestion to contact this list for helpful tips on current
models that people find good, bad or indifferent.

Obviously this also applies, to a lesser extent, to all
aspects of the spec - projectors just seem to have the fastest
'churn' on model numbers of all the bits that make up a node.

For what it's worth, I used Panasonics in our organizations two
nodes, mainly chosen because our first room was very narrow and
they had good, affordable wide-angle lens attachments.  Such
factors can be as important as light output.  We've been very
pleased with them, but that doesn't mean I recommend them over
other models.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Osland                         Office tel: +44 (0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid      Medialab tel: +44 (0) 1235 446459
BIT Department             Access Grid room tel: +44 (0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk               Fax: +44 (0) 1235 445597

CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK

[The contents of this email are confidential and
are for the use of the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take
any action on it or show it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]