[AG-TECH] Video cam advice for XP/linux laptop

Michael Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 09:52:26 CST 2002

Dear all,

I'm about to configure a laptop to be a PIG-like machine and I need to buy a
camera. I'm going to make the laptop dual boot WinXP and Linux.

I liked the look of those Kritter cams, but it seems they don't work under
Linux
(http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/web-mail-archive/lists/ag-tech/2002/06/msg00125
.html). Has anyone got any recommendation for a similar thing that has good
quality video and works under both OS's? The e-mail at the link above lists
quite a few cameras, but I'd be interested in personal
recommendations/advice on models.

--Mike

Michael Daw
Computer Services for Academic Research (CSAR)

Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building,
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK

Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026
Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: michael.daw at man.ac.uk

http://www.csar.cfs.ac.uk/staff/daw/