[AG-TECH] broadcast quality video

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 5 07:55:44 CST 2002

These are very cool technologies. I'd like to know if anyone is
currently working on implementations of these codecs or has pointers to
implementations? There are brave souls lurking about who might consider
adding them to vic or other applications --

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/ has many supported codecs. It'd be
interesting to consider some of them for AG use.

Fwiw, it'd be an incredibly handy reference to have some kind of codec
comparison chart that shows the salient features of each codec we're
considering which might help drive us to clearer focus on some codecs
rather than others. Anyone want to start one?

--Ivan

Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
Futures Laboratory .~.  630 252 0920
Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax