[AG-TECH] RTP CNAMEs from AG nodes

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed May 29 05:23:29 CDT 2002

I was wondering if it would make sense to modify vic,rat,etc so that all
RTP streams from an AG node use the same CNAME attribute

At the moment CNAMEs are constructed as <username>@<ip-address>
so audio and video streams have different CNAMEs on a standard AG node
but my uderstanding of
RFC-1889 is that CNAMEs are intended to associate streams from the same
participant for purposes like lip-sync and audio switching.

I know that AG does not need audio switching but this would make it easier
to interface with other systems.

Even in an AG context it would be nice to be able to get audio switching
to work because we could re-use the mechanism to highlight the windows
from the speakers node as this would make it easier to locate people
in sessions with a large number of sites taking part.

			Stephen