[AG-TECH] US - UK Network Test

Mike Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Thu May 30 10:06:34 CDT 2002

Earlier today I sent an email asking US and UK nodes to attend a network
test at 14:30 UTC (i.e. beginning 30 minutes ago at time of writing). I just
wondered whether anyone from the US was intending to turn up. We got excited
when Montana's node sprung into life just now, but it no one seems to be
there (maybe the deer set it off).

I have heard a rumour that a lot of US sites are having multicast problems
today. Maybe that's why folks aren't connecting?

It would be really useful if we could have a confidence check that we can
still send and receive audio over (under?) the Atlantic on the new link, so
if anyone Stateside can go to their node in the next 15 minutes or so, we'd
be grateful. (Let me know if you're intending to do this.)

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Daw
Computer Services for Academic Research (CSAR)

Manchester Computing, Kilburn Building,
University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK

Tel: +44 (0)161 275 7026
Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6800
Email: michael.daw at man.ac.uk

http://www.csar.cfs.ac.uk/staff/daw/