[AG-TECH] VfW and WDM

AGAY at vms.HUJI.AC.IL AGAY at vms.HUJI.AC.IL
Sat May 25 05:51:00 CDT 2002

                                                  ag-tech at accessgrid.org

 Hi,

 We are trying to build a kind of mini Access Grid node
 (actually there will be 4 of them, one in each campus).

 We would also like to use the mini node as a conference
 room for VRVS (we have a reflector), and with the VCON
 H.323 clients and Accord MCU already bought by our IUCC.

 Some dumb questions:

 1.  Both VRVS/VIC and AG/VIC use on Windows the VfW
     (Video for Windows) driver interface.

     If the video capture card driver is WDM, then the
     Microsft VfW-to-WDM Mapper automatically kicks in
     and provides compatibility?  Is it possible the
     Mapper will lower frame rate by a factor of 10?
     Should we use only VfW drivers?

 2.  Should we stick with Hauppauge or Osprey capture
     cards, or others like LifeView/FlyVideo are ok?

 Abraham Agay

 ---
 Abraham Agay (Hebrew U. of Jerusalem)
 Email:  agay at vms.huji.ac.il