[AG-TECH] Display computer for JSUVisNode

Monika Klara Rabarison monika.k.rabarison at ccaix.jsums.edu
Tue May 21 13:14:19 CDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Robert Olson wrote:

> Hmm.
>
> The video capture computer is running, and you see incoming video there?

yes we do

> Do you see the captured video from the video capture box on your display box?

When the problem occurs every stream freezes even our local video.
When it is "waiting for video" we don't get the local video either.

> if you don't see that local video, you might want to check with your local
> networking folks to ensure the traffic is getting from port to port
> properly (or if you have one kicking around, you could plug both machines
> into a fast ethernet hub to test).

I'll check with the network guys though.

> Do you see external video on the video capture machine? If so, you might
> try swapping the network cables on the two machines, see if it acts
> differently then.

Yes we see both external and local video there. I'll try to swap the cable
too. But you know what? Since this morning for the first time somehow the
problem did not occur at all. I have been in the Test Room for hours and
it runs fine. Weird, isn'it?

Thanks,

Monika