[AG-TECH] "Take your Daughter to Work" April 25

Emilee J Patrick Emilee.Patrick at motorola.com
Tue Mar 26 07:37:15 CST 2002

RE: [AG-TECH] "Tale your Daughter to Work" April 25Ms magazine originally invented "Take Our Daughters To Work Day" 10 years ago to promote the advancement of women in the workplace

http://www.takeourdaughterstowork.org/

the original intent was not so much to combat discrimination against women in the workplace, directly, but to expose girls to future career possibilites that they might otherwise be discouraged from pursuing in school

it's interesting that the issue of including boys in the event would be raised. i have no opinion either way -- i don't even have kids (i would love a "take your beagle to work day" :) -- just wanted to throw in my 2 cents

-em

Emilee J Patrick
Senior Human Factors Scientist
Applications Research Lab, Motorola Labs
1301 E. Algonquin Rd. IL02/2230
Schaumburg IL  60196