[AG-TECH] Mapping IP addresses to Venues

Marty Hoag Marty.Hoag at ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Mar 22 09:35:28 CST 2002

   I don't follow all the IETF stuff so I'll defer to others on that
but I thought there was an effort to develop a dynamic multicast
allocation scheme.  Is that still active?  Or has it been shelved
pending IPv6 since I assume a lot of this will have to change anyway
for that.

   In the interim I had thought that perhaps that outfits could
"contribute" ranges of GLOP (and the new scheme) addresses to the
various VV servers which would then do the allocation thing just
using the next one out of the pool when it needs one.

   Marty