[AG-TECH] Access Grid Installation

Goss-Walter Torsten torsten.goss-walter at dwd.de
Fri Mar 22 03:48:52 CST 2002

Hello,

we are planning to set up an Access Grid node and combine it with another
video conferencing system, i.e. VCON from Siemens. We try to recycle as much
hardware as possible, especially the beamer, the cameras and the
microphones, which we want to use for both systems (shouldn't be a problem,
I think).

According to the Access Grid hardware spec from Robert Olson, at least four
computers are needed for display, video capture, audio capture and control.

... two questions:

1. Is anyone of you already using a combined video conferencing system, e.g.
Access Grid and VCON, on the same hardware plattform?
2. Does anybody have any experiences with using less than four servers for
Access Grid? Is it possible to combine some of the functions, e.g. video
capture + audio capture on one machine by using a faster server?

Thanks for your answers in advance,

Regards
Torsten

--