[AG-TECH] AG Lobby Policies

Bob Huebert huebert at arsc.edu
Tue Mar 12 17:34:29 CST 2002

At 4:16 PM -0700 3/12/02, Don Morton wrote:
>All, I'm confused on the policies for "hanging out" in the
>AG Lobby.  I recall when I first came into the community
>about a year ago I was warned that I really shouldn't get
>on the mic and start talking with folks yet, stuff I heard
>prior to then and stuff I heard at the Retreat last week
>suggested that, in fact, it "is" a Lobby and it's fair game
>to jump in and hold random conversations, etc., possibly
>under the premise that folks who don't want to hear it can
>turn their audio off.
>
>So, what "is" the AG Lobby policy (I ask because I see
>my friends in Fairbanks coming in, and I"m gonna start
>talking with them, by golly!!! :) ).

Nice to see we get noticed.   :-))

Wish I could say that our node had the ability to support a *dropin*,
but all I'm looking at today is general connectivity from/to our
spare video machine.

btw - the current imagery is from a panoramic photo from last summer,
propogated via X & vic.
Bob Huebert
email: huebert at arsc.edu
HPC Visualization Systems Analyst           voice: (907) 474-5751
ARSC University of Alaska Fairbanks           FAX: (907) 474-5494