[AG-TECH] Multicast problems

Donovan, Michael S ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor Michael.S.Donovan at erdc.usace.army.mil
Mon Mar 11 09:48:07 CST 2002

We have been having problems getting multicast to/from remote sites for
several weeks now. At one time it was working well, then AT&T changed their
RP to 135.206.0.1. Our local network staff has changed the RP in the local
routers to 135.206.0.1 but we still don't receive multicast. The beacon
server shows our site receiving from beacon.sheridan.on.ca,
video.rcc.ryerson.ca, farmer.ncsa.uiuc.edu and srp-ag-video.ncsa.uiuc.edu.
The beacon server indicates that we are sending to 61 sites. Could the RP
change be causing this, and if so what RP should we be using?

Thanks for any help
Mike

Michael S. Donovan
Chenega Technology Services Corporation
Engineer Research and Development Center
601-634-4418
michael.s.donovan at usace.army.mil <mailto:michael.s.donovan at usace.army.mil>
http://www.wes.army.mil <http://www.wes.army.mil/>
http://www.wes.hpc.mil <http://www.wes.hpc.mil/>