[AG-TECH] AG debugging tools?

Gavin W. Burris aka 86 ga5in at psu.edu
Sat Mar 9 13:29:15 CST 2002

bernholdtde at ornl.gov wrote (on Fri, 8 Mar 2002 at 21:15):
> We had a situation yesterday in a meeting with ORNL, LBL, NCAR, and
> PSC that PSC could not see any multicast traffic from ORNL, but
> everyone else was fine.

We are having a similar situation at Penn State.  It seems that PSC
keeps dropping the routing for multicast traffic.  Our Office of
Telecommunications is working with the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
to correct our routing problems.

A good program is trafshow for Linux.  This is a network sniffer that
shows active traffic.  If you have multicast on our network, you
should be able to see it with this tool.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=trafshow

--
<<--=[ Gavin W. Burris aka 86 <ga5in at psu.edu> ]=-->>
    <<--=[ PSU CAC VIZ Group ]=-->>