[AG-TECH] AG debugging tools?

bernholdtde at ornl.gov bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Fri Mar 8 20:15:04 CST 2002

We had a situation yesterday in a meeting with ORNL, LBL, NCAR, and
PSC that PSC could not see any multicast traffic from ORNL, but
everyone else was fine.

Clearly something is funny on the net in this case.  I don't have much
experience with multicast, and could use some suggestions on which
tools I should have installed and where to get them.

And I know that someone is going to say that the mcast beacon is the
first place to check.  I thought we had one running, but apparently
not, so I will fix that.

But in this case, that would not have told us much anyway -- it was
clear everyone was getting everyone's mcast EXCEPT for PSC not getting
ours.

Thanks
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680